The Best Fudgy 30-Second Mug Brownies
A mug brownie in 30 seconds? Yes please! Here’s how you can make the fudgiest brownie in less than a minute.
One Pot Fudge Mug Brownies
Craving something fudgy and delicious? Mug brownies, perhaps?
Yeah, me too. It’s a stressful time, and you might be looking for some comfort food. I’ve got you.
One thing I don’t like about a lot of brownie recipes – or baking recipes in general – is that they take a million bowls and pans and the mixer and the ingredients and ahhhhhhhh! Suddenly, the kitchen looks like a bomb hit it! With everyone home right now, the house is already a pigsty. The last thing I want to do is mess up my kitchen even more. I know you’re with me on that.
This mug brownie recipe uses one pot. Yes, a pot. Stay with me here.
There’s also no chocolate chips involved, just cocoa powder. Sure, you can add a handful of chips if you want, but I didn’t want to make these brownies too sweet.
Another great thing (besides the fact that these mug brownies are the BEST things ever) is that if you have kids, they can help make these and
- Not mess up the kitchen like usual
- Not having to wait 40 minutes for the brownies to bake. They take 30 seconds!
Sounds like a win-win-win all around.
Now, I have to apologize for the photos I took of these. They’re not up to par with my usual food photos, with good reason. That is, that mug brownies are really hard to photograph without looking like crap, literally and figuratively. I did my best!
The first images were of the brownies when they were very fresh – so they’re glossy and soft and WOW. But, I didn’t have the berry garnish.
Once I got the berry garnish on them, the tops of the brownies were a bit more dry, because it was about 20 minutes later.
This coronavirus situation is making me a bit lax on my photo game. I know you understand.
Anyhow, who makes mug cakes and lets them sit around?
You’re going to gobble these down when they’re still hot and rich and glossy. And if you don’t, just pop them into the microwave for a couple of seconds to warm them up again.
What You’ll Need To Make These Fudgy Mug Brownies
- Sugar: plain white sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut oil or butter: make sure it’s unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Flour: regular all purpose flour is best
Here’s How To Make a Brownie in a Mug
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a pot.
- Take the pot off the heat.
- Add sugar and whisk to combine with the butter, then add cocoa powder.
- Add vanilla, then the eggs, and whisk vigorously.
- Finally, fold in the flour until just combined.
- Divide batter into four mugs.
- Microwave each mug for 30 seconds.
Tips for Making the Perfect Mug Brownie
- Want some extra melty chocolate in your brownie? Add in some chopped dark chocolate in.
- Chocolate chips can be added as well!
- Make sure you’re using a microwave friendly mug!
- Make sure to get a mug that has enough space as you don’t want your brownies to overflow out of your mug and into your microwave.
- This mug cake is best eaten right away – it is the fudgiest while warm. So enjoy immediately!
These 30-second mug brownies are absolutely delish!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
Melt coconut oil or butter in a pot.
Take the pot off the heat.
Add sugar and whisk to combine with the butter, then add cocoa powder.
Add vanilla, then the eggs, and whisk vigorously.
Finally, fold in the flour until just combined.
Divide batter into four mugs.
Microwave each mug for 30 seconds.
And no, I’m not including nutrition info for these.